It’s that time of year, everyone seems to be suffering with colds, bugs and viruses…. Here to help, my simple to follow tips to boost your immune system, follow these lists to help you recover faster from your current bout of illness or to help you so you don’t full victim to the next bug or cold going around.
Top seven things to help boast your immune system:
(In no particular order)
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables (variety of different colours is always a good idea to get a good array of vitamins and minerals) My favourites for the immune system are berries (such as blue berries, raspberries, blackberries, golgi berries) spinach, kale, broccoli, carrots.
- Get 8-9hrs sleep a night (no wifi or phones on at night)
- Turn wifi, 3g etc off on your phones or turn wifi boxes off when you are not using wifi
- Drink plenty of water (hydration is vital to immune system)
- Eat regular 5-7 x a day
- Exercise – ideal amount would be 4 x a week, exercise helps boost the immune system but over training can also effect immune system particularly for females
- Don’t drink too much alcohol
Top Three Supplements to help boost your immune system
Poliquin Multi intense: Very potent multi vitamin, covering all your essential vitamins and minerals but also gentle on the stomach and easily absorbed. (Men should have a multi with No iron in it, please see Multi intense Iron free)
Glutamine: Helps transportation of nutrients, repair gut lining and support digestive and immune system. (suitable for people who’s immune systems are challenged)
Vitamin c: Potent, yet gentle on the stomach.
If you want to take more than three supplements, there are plenty of others that also help support the immune system: VitD3, Probiotics, Zinc ….. But if I had to narrow it down to three, then the above three products would be my top three choices.
To buy any of the above supplements:
For more free advice subscribe to our monthly news letter:
Receive FREE: Ten top tips guaranteed to get weight loss results.