When you feel like you aren’t getting anywhere with your weight loss, the important thing is that you don’t give up!
Sometimes you may need to dig deeper into why you are sabotaging or what’s hindering results.
Do you start out extremely motivated to get results and reach your goals? All geared up for change and constantly monitoring everything. But at some point, that energy and motivation just doesn’t seem as easy anymore, does it!?
Good news, it is completely normal and somewhat inevitable that you may feel despondent about your progress at some point, it’s all about how quickly you’re able to pull yourself back up…
With the right mindset “there is no wagon” and not only are you able to pull yourself back up to feeling motivated very quickly, but you’re also able to maintain forever …
I’ve worked with so many busy, driven women and I’ve seen them all go through patches of “ procrastination” and or “sabotage” and “ and have helped them overcome it.
If you’re not sure if your mindset is hindering your progress, I’m going to cover that in my blog next month…
But for this blog I’m here to turn your beliefs around – to help “refresh that drive and confidence in yourself”.
Not only will you feel more driven to achieve your goals, but you will walk away with life skills to help you overcome just about anything with a positive mindset.
Weight loss + Personal development
Are you ready? Let’s dive into it!
Procrastination is something I’ve spoken about, written about and coached on many times… We all do it. I, myself have had to work through it…
Procrastination can come down to a fear of failing… To avoid failure, many of us put off doing it in the first place.
Sound familiar? There’s always a way of overcoming those natural mindset blues with a positive spin. I got you! Here’s what I suggest you do to overcome procrastination and get yourself on track with your weight loss goals.
- Give up that sense of perfection. You are just going to eat “good enough” to have the body you want, feel good and energised, be healthy and live a long life.
- You need to aim to get your body to a place where you feel good and content, you like what you see and can accept. Your perfectly imperfect self!
- Be careful what you identify yourself with because you will become that person or continue to be. For example, if I keep saying I’m a sabotager, procrastinator etc, I’m so strongly identifying with these traits that I keep repeating that same characteristics or same behaviour….
- If you do identify with procrastination, you need to figure out how you are going to overcome this. Perhaps the solution is to be a fast action-taker, a productive person, listening to your inner voice and a great time manager. You might not be that person but if you start identifying with these traits, you will become them.
- Self affirm. Once you have established what you want to be in order to achieve your weight loss goals, reaffirm them by writing them up somewhere, saying it out loud in the shower, saying it in bed before you go to sleep everyday – whatever works for you as part of your routine until it becomes your new identity.
- Remember that the difference between those that succeed and fail is not giving up. So don’t give up! If it didn’t work, accept it and keep trying. If you binged on the weekend or were a little counterproductive towards our goals, it doesn’t matter, move on and keep trying.
It’s okay if you’re not there yet.
It took me 4 years as a personal trainer before I stopped the counting calories and binge eating cycle, 7 years until I learnt what correct healthy eating was. And even longer to master the mindset part…
And now I’m here to pass my life’s work, knowledge mixed in with my own journey and experience …
As long as you keep taking action, you’re already on the journey towards achieving weight loss success.
You can’t always do it alone! It’s important to invest in yourself and reach out for support when you need it. I help my clients with identifying and recognising these mindset changes through RTT Therapy (Rapid Transformation Technique).
If you would like to work with me on your weight loss goals, get rid of those cravings, find balance and be at a deeper level of understanding of how your mind and body work together to achieve weight loss, get in touch with me here.